When it comes to boat detailing, it’s important to do it right. This means understanding things like which materials to use.
Many boat owners overlook the importance of proper boat detailing, so their boat doesn’t get the care it needs to last.
In this article, we discuss how to go about proper boat detailing as well as finding the best boat detailing services. Continue reading to learn our top boat detailing tips.
How Often Should You Detail Your Boat?
A boat needs to be rinsed after every use. Rinsing is especially important if you frequently travel between different bodies of water or between saltwater and freshwater. This helps prevent the spread of invasive species.
Besides rinsing, boat detailing can be done as needed or as the wax begins to wear. Most boat wax lasts up to four months.
If your boat is in rough shape, for example, if it’s been a long time since it was last detailed, consider looking into professional boat detailing services.
Washing the Boat’s Exterior
First up on our list of the best boat detailing tips is to start with the boat’s exterior and work your way inward. Start at the tallest point and work your way down. This prevents mud and dirty water from covering an already clean area.
- Grab a hose and give the boat a good rinse to remove any large bits of dirt or debris
- Fill a bucket with boat-specific soap and water and begin washing your boat with a sponge or soft brush
- Once all dirt and debris are removed (be careful not to scrub too hard), rinse the body of the boat
- For a streak-free shine and minimal water spots, we recommend towel drying
- After buffing the exterior, apply wax or sealant of your choice
Following these steps ensures your boat will shine like new.
Cleaning the Boat’s Interior
The interior portion of boat detailing is similar to the exterior in that you should work top to bottom. Saving the carpet for last will make sure you don’t leave any dirt or debris behind.
- Using a general glass cleaner, spray and wipe clean the windshield and any windows
- Polish chrome found on railings, ladders, and other fixtures
- Wipe instruments gauges on the dash clean
- Use a scrub brush, soap, and water to scrub any areas with skidproof padding
- Wipe down or vacuum seats depending on the material
- Vacuum and scrub the floors
Don’t forget, the interior is just as important as the exterior.
Cleaning Boat Carpets
Marine carpets aren’t as intimidating to clean as they may seem if you maintain them well. To do this, be sure to spot clean them regularly with a vacuum.
When the time comes for a deeper clean, we recommend using a steam cleaner. Another option is to fill a bucket with boat soap and water and scrub the carpet with a brush. Once finished, rinse clean and allow to drain and air dry.
When to Hire a Professional
Boat detailing is no easy task, especially if you want it done right. Our top boat detailing tip is to consider hiring a professional to make sure your boat is getting the best care. Plus, if it’s been a while between cleanings, the best boat detailing companies can provide the TLC it needs.
However, finding the right professionals matter. So, take the time to find the best boat detailing near me.
Take Control of Boat Detailing
Boat detailing is not a simple undertaking. It takes time and a lot of care to do it well and do it right.
Remember to always rinse your boat after use and to wash it as it needs it. If you’re ever feeling overwhelmed by the process, be sure to reach out to the best boat detailing companies for quality results.
If you’re in Texas, contact us today for a free quote.